Joe spent thirty-five years building up his sales and marketing experience in the corporate world before moving to stewardship work for Lutheran organizations. He’s also a lifelong Lutheran, the son and nephew of pastors, with considerable experience serving on church councils, including as Council Chair. Other highlights of his experience include:
- Eight years of experience with faith-based fundraising, donor relations, planned giving, & student recruitment
- Current member at All Saints Lutheran (Calgary)
- Involvement in local community: was a founding member of the Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good (MACG) in Calgary.
- BComm from the University of Alberta (first year at Camrose Lutheran College, now Augustana Campus)
- Strong understanding of Western Canadian context through extensive travel for work
- Member of the Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) since 2009; also current member of the Association of Lutheran Development Executives (ALDE)
- High level of involvement in two successful capital campaigns
In his spare time, Joe enjoys cheering for his favourite sports teams (Go Oilers and Esks!), camping, travel, meeting new friends and visiting old ones, and playing with his six grandchildren.